Studies suggest that children are more likely to get involved in learning and education rather than getting distracted by various other factors if their parents are involved in and support the learning process. Learn more on how to ensure success for students using Our Campus.
How parents and teachers can involve in student success?
Students in schools are expected to achieve more in holistic learning, perform better in studies, and have a higher growth rate whose parents are involved in the learning and support them from time to time. Additional research suggests that parental involvement is more important for a student’s success than family income or their educational qualifications. In addition to Our Campus System working for integration and better management of institutions, we are glad to get involved to create a better learning environment for student both at school and at home.
We suggest institutions and faculties let parents get involved in the overall learning of an individual apart from classroom learning. To encourage fruitful parents and teachers’ involvement, we have to make sure we follow a few set of standards to achieve better success for our young generation. Here’s a list of activities we need to focus on:
Create a bridge
- Create a positive first contact with the parents
- Keep simple and straightforward communication with parents
- Ensure that every parent have access to regular updates about their ward
- Encourage parents to share and raise their concern regarding school and classroom
- Allow parents to get involved as per the availability from their work & schedule
- Understand the language and cultural difference, in any
National Standards for Parent Involvement Program suggests the following points:
- Encourage active parent participation in student learning and student success
- Conduct regular communication between school and home
- Collaborate with parents to ensure the learning environment is built and nurtured both at school and home
- Always welcome parents to school and be open to their thoughts and suggestions
- Give parents the charge to get involved in the decisions taken by an institution
- Create an environment that supports family involvement
- Provide yardstick to evaluate mastery for skill in every subject and every grade
- Involve parents to share their hopes, visions, and concerns to set goals for a student
- Give away handouts, notes, and interactive materials to involve both parents and students on certain tasks
- Initiate classroom volunteer programs
- Include a parent page on a classroom website
- Create a parent resource center
- Assign a helpline for home and students
- Create a wish list to ensure timely fulfillment of desired objectives
There are very few systems that are well planned and designed to suit all your institution’s requirements year-round. Our Campus has been designing and developing systems to suit the needs of the UK Education sector. Our system simplifies academic management while conveniently bringing administrators, teachers, and students together on the same level of communication. Join hands with the next generation student information management system and get ahead with the advantage of simplified technologies. To know more write to us at Our Campus and we would be happy to guide you.
Source: parents and teachers involvement
You can read infographic here:
You can also watch the video here:
You must be logged in to post a comment.